Hey guys, today I am going to tell you how to check Android Version on your Smarphone. Users can also find out Android security patch level, CPU, RAM, Baseband version, and more. You can not even check Android version but can also update your Android version also.
Sometimes what happens with us is that when we go to the Google Play Store to install an Android app. Then, we find that the app is not compatible with our Android version. Other than this, sometimes it becomes necessary to find the Android version fore installing a particular Android app. Moreover, sometimes we want to access some features of Android on our Android phone. So, fo that we need to know that what Android version do I have?
Read more: Top 10 Reasons Why Your Smartphone Hang
How to Check Android Version on Your Smartphone
If you are trying to find out the version of the Android operating system on your Android smartphone then there are several of ways available. But, this is an inbuilt method by which you can get to know about the Android version on your smartphone. You can use this quickest way on any Android phone and Android tablet both.
Also, let me tell you that this method is supported only on Stock Android smartphones. However, somewhat the method will be the same as the rest of the Android smartphones which uses customized Android versions. Moreover, you can not even only check Android version of your smartphone but can also find out the kernel version, security patch level, and more items.
- Go to the Settings on your Android smartphone.
- Scroll to the bottom and click on About phone.
- At the About phone page, you will be able to see the Android version of your smartphone.
- Click on the Android version if you want to check the symbol of that Android version.
How to Check Android Version Samsung
Samsung is a very popular Android smartphone in the world. Almost every third person is using the Samsung smartphone. But, the thing is that only some of the guys know about how to check Android version on Samsung. So, if you don’t know about it then this method is going to tell you that. This is an inbuilt method to check what Android version do you have on your Samsung phone. This method is applicable to all Samsung smartphone models to check Android Version Samsung. Even you can update your Samsung smartphone using this method.
- On your Samsung smartphone, click on the Apps button.
- Alternatively, you can swipe up or down to view apps.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page then click About Device or About Phone.
- On that page, click on the Android Version in the middle of the page.
- You can also click on Software Information to view Android Version.
Read more: How to Choose a Smartphone
How to Check for Updates on My Phone
It may be possible that someone has told you that the new Android version update is available for your Android smartphone which you are using. But, you are unable to find how to check for updates and how to do it. Though, at that moment this method will help you in doing that job. This inbuilt method will show you how you can check for updated on your phone.
- On your smartphone, click on the Settings
- Click on About phone by scrolling to the bottom of the page.
- At the top of that page, click on Software Update or Check for updates.
- You will get the details regarding the updates which is available on your phone.
This is how you can learn about how to check Android version on your smartphone. There are more ways available to figure out what Android version do you have on your Android phone. Also, using this method you can update your Android phone version also. I hope this article has helped you a lot in learning the same. If someones ask you that what is my Android version then do share this article with that person.